Aboriginal Hostels Limited’s (AHL) purpose is to provide safe, comfortable, culturally appropriate and affordable short-term accommodation for Indigenous Australians who need to be away from home to access medical services, education and economic opportunities.
A career with AHL will provide you with a chance to contribute to improving the quality of life and economic opportunity for Indigenous Australians. We offer rewarding experiences and rewarding employment conditions.
AHL is seeking an outstanding HR professional to provide effective Human Resources (HR) advice and services.
The Assistant Director HR will be responsible for a broad range of HR activities and functions, including:
- Providing expert advice to managers and staff on HR policies and procedures
- Supervising and mentoring HR team members
- Workforce Strategies
- Workforce Reporting
- Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Workplace Relations
To be successful for this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in the delivery of HR functions
- High level leadership and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in policy development and implementation
- Extensive experience in workplace relations, including code of conduct investigations and negotiation of enterprise agreements
- Experience in employee onboarding, development, needs assessment and training
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple competing demands and priorities
- Resilience, self-motivation and drive
To be eligible for this role you will need to:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and
- be accepted by your community as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- hold Australian citizenship
- undergo a satisfactory National Criminal History Check (prior to engagement)
- meet fitness for duty requirements (prior to engagement)
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.