Are you committed to improving home care services for older people? Can you help the Department assure that home care packages are providing value for money?
The Department of Health is seeking enthusiastic people to build a new program assurance function for the Home Care Packages Program. This a key measure for assessing whether the home care program is achieving value for money and meeting the needs of senior Australians.
As an assurance review officer, your key responsibilities could be:
- provide support by reviewing the provider documentation and conducting interviews with providers to assess whether services are being delivered as expected
- keep accurate and comprehensive records to support reviews, including creation of trackers, spreadsheets and project plans
- support drafting of reports including identifying issues, findings and recommendations
- communicating with service providers throughout reviews
- support section team members throughout review process.
- To be eligible for employment with the Department of Health applicants must be an Australian citizen at the time an offer of employment is made.
- An applicant’s suitability for employment with Health will also be assessed through a variety of pre-employment check processes, such as:
- Satisfactory completion of an Australian Federal Police criminal history check, and where relevant a Working with Children and Vulnerable People Check.
- Completion of a medical declaration and pre-employment medical (where required).
- Providing evidence of qualifications (where required); and
- Obtaining and maintaining a security clearance at the required level.
- For this role applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance, or hold a current security clearance of an appropriate level.
- Applications close 11:30PM AEST.
- Applicants should quote reference number 21-IHACDIV-8780 to assist when making an enquiry.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability