- Develop and maintain respectful relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.
- Build and manage networks of stakeholders, working partnerships and external resources to identify and build a pipeline of potential customers who are aspiring, start-up or existing business operators.
- Provide guidance and linkages to resources that support customers’ development of capabilities, industry knowledge and understanding of the principles of business, necessary to establish and operate a viable business.
- Work closely with customers to assess their business readiness and establish a development pathway into business. Provide support and guidance to customers to develop their business and finance proposals.
- Develop commercial credit submissions for start-up and existing business customers.
- Develop customer engagement and relationship building strategies to fully understand business performance, identify areas for business improvement and possible growth opportunities and to support the development of customer business acumen.
- Manage a portfolio of business lending customers who are operating small to medium sized businesses within IBA policy & procedures. This includes:
- Identify business risk early and assist IBA in the development and implementation of strategies and solutions to manage risk,
- Collect and analyse financial statements, reports and other information (as required),
- Manage loan arrears, non-performing loans, turnaround and voluntarily exit processes.
- Co-ordinate the loan documentation and drawdown processes ensuring customers are supported throughout.
- Co-ordinate and prepare briefings, reports and submissions required by senior management and prepare correspondence of a complex nature.
- Accurately capture, manage and report information.
- Exercise delegations in accordance with IBA policy & procedure.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Willingness and ability to undertake regional and remote travel as required, including overnight absences at least once each month.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term (3 years).
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
About Indigenous Business Australia
Indigenous Business Australia (IBA) is a commercially driven organisation that promotes and encourages self-management, self-sufficiency and economic independence for Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples. IBA is a significant contributor to the goals of the Australian Government’s Indigenous Economic Development Strategy, aimed at closing the gap between the living standards of Indigenous and other Australians.