The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under Section 26 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner's Directions 2016. This vacancy is open only to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
We are seeking talented and enthusiastic Data Analysts to provide data analysis, technical and non-technical written work and research project support to units across the organisation.
The successful applicants will require an understanding of and skills in or aptitude for statistical and research project work in a range of subject areas. These positions also require strong verbal and written communication skills, and sound organisational skills.
Under general direction you will be required to:
- Undertake the collection and statistical analysis and interpretation of data and/or, research activities in the health and welfare fields of responsibility of the relevant Unit.
- Provide advice on technical and research administrative matters to senior managers.
- Undertake a range of research, design, project planning or data development tasks.
- Contribute to publications, analytical reports, technical and non-technical agenda papers.
- Effectively liaise with stakeholders both within and external to the AIHW.
- Represent the Institute at meetings as appropriate to the responsibilities above.
We encourage applicants from a wide range of skills and disciplines. This may include (but is not limited to) those with qualifications and/or relevant work experience in statistics, epidemiology, demography, data science, health informatics, economics, actuarial studies, accounting, health sciences, social sciences, data mining, predictive modelling or geospatial/GIS (geographic information system) mapping.
This recruitment exercise will be used to fill current vacancies and may be used to fill similar positions at the APS5 classification over the coming 12 months.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability