We are looking to fill numerous Data/ Statistical Analyst roles across the ABS.
Data/ Statistical Analysts compile, analyse and validate data, using their judgement and real-world insights. You will be responsible for the design, analysis and delivery of relevant and objective statistics. The roles and responsibilities may vary depending on the team in which the applicant is placed, however typical responsibilities include:
- analysing data for statistical compilation, and drawing findings, using judgement and real-world insights
- designing and testing data collection instruments including questionnaires and forms
- compiling and disseminating statistical products
- applying a strong understanding of statistical frameworks, classifications, standards and concepts that underpin the statistics
- working with internal and external stakeholders and customers to develop fit for purpose specifications of data solutions requirements
- critical thinking and reasoning: anticipate and analyse issues and develop logical conclusions
The roles are only available to be filled in the locations specified based on the needs of the hiring area/s and to meet the requirements of being a merit based process.
To be eligible for this role you:
- must be an Australian citizen at the time you apply
- will need to undertake pre-employment checks, including national police check and health assessment
- may need to obtain (or hold) and maintain at least Baseline security clearance for some roles
These positions are only open to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples. Eligible applicants are persons (and will be confirmed as part of pre-employment checks):
- of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and
- who identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, and
- who are accepted by their community as being an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability