The Department of Health (Health) is committed to attracting and retaining Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and is looking to fill several APS Level 5 positions through this Affirmative Measures opportunity.
Currently there are vacancies in the Indigenous Health Division (IHD). IHD aims to improve access for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to effective health care services essential to improving health and life expectancy and reducing child mortality. The Division enables the delivery of high quality, comprehensive, culturally appropriate, primary health care services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
This process will be utilised to create a merit pool of suitable applicants that may be used across the Department. Roles may be filled across sections including corporate, finance and other policy and regulation teams where appropriate.
The established merit pool may be used to fill similar positions throughout Health for up to 12 months from the date of advertising.
To be eligible for employment with the Department of Health applicants must be an Australian citizen at the time an offer of employment is made.
An applicant’s suitability for employment with Health will also be assessed through a variety of pre-employment check processes, such as:
- Satisfactory completion of an Australian Federal Police criminal history check, and where relevant a Working with Children and Vulnerable People Check.
- Completion of a medical declaration and pre-employment medical (where required).
- Providing evidence of qualifications (where required).
- Obtaining and maintaining a security clearance at the required level (where required).
For this role applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline security clearance, or hold a current security clearance of an appropriate level.
Eligible applicants are persons:
- of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
- who are accepted by their community as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Applicants are required to provide evidence to confirm that they are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Acceptable evidence includes:
- a letter signed and executed by the Chairperson of an incorporated Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation confirming that they are recognised as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person; or
- a confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent form executed by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation.
Applications close 11:30PM AEST.
Applicants should quote reference number 19-HSPPCG-4073 to assist when making an enquiry.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see:http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.