The department is currently looking to fill a number of Executive Assistant positions at the APS 4 level across various Branches and Groups in Canberra. Successful candidates at the APS 4 level support Senior Executive Service Band 1 employees.
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide high level support to senior managers and will undertake administrative and coordination tasks including:
• managing and organising diaries (including scheduling appointments and meetings)
• coordinating and assisting work flow management (including task tracking and assisting to ensure tasks are completed according to priority and deadlines)
• travel coordination (including establishing and acquitting travel requests)
• providing support for Branch work as required (including preparing correspondence, secretariat support for committees and coordination of requests such as Branch meetings and events)
• liaising professionally with other areas of the department and external organisations.
To be successful you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
• demonstrated experience in providing support to senior executives
• demonstrated ability to work in productive partnerships to achieve business results
• high level organisational and time management skills
• well-developed judgement, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• ability to build and maintain productive professional relationships and networks
• accuracy and attention to detail
• ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
• experience in using computer software programs and systems in an administrative role
• reliability, integrity and strong personal drive.
For further information, please refer to the Job Description
The successful applicant will require the ability to obtain and/or maintain a clearance at Baseline level.
Desired – Experience as an Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant
Under section 22(8) of the Public Service Act 1999, employees must be Australian citizens to be employed in the APS unless the Agency delegate has agreed, in writing.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified task
A temporary demand for an employee with particular skills
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability