The Infrastructure Regulation Division is responsible for fostering competitive, efficient and informed markets in critical sectors and industries. This includes the economic regulation of certain communications and transport markets and the monitoring of industries where there is a lack of competition, including Communications, Fuel, Airports and air traffic control, Container stevedoring, Wheat export port terminal services, Rail, Postal services, and some financial services.
We are also currently inquiring into other sectors of the economy at the request of the Government due to recently identified market problems, including gas supply arrangements in Australia (focussing on the East Coast Gas Market), and prices, profits and margins in the National Electricity Market
The Division has five branches:
- Communications Markets and Advocacy
- Mobiles, Transmission and Consumer
- Infrastructure, Transport - Access & Pricing
- Gas Inquiry Unit
- Electricity Markets
The role reports to the Administrative Coordinator and is part of an inclusive and supportive team. As an Executive Assistant within the Infrastructure Regulation Division, you will be responsible for providing support to senior executives, in addition to broader duties and administrative assistance as required to the Division as a whole.
You may also be required to provide administrative and secretariat support to Infrastructure Regulation Division committees.
Our ideal applicant will:
- Have the ability to prioritise work tasks effectively within a dynamic and fast paced environment, and respond quickly to changing demands within tight timeframes
- Be well organised, reliable and have excellent attention to detail
- Have strong communication skills and is able to build and sustain positive relationships in a service delivery environment
- Have a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion due to the high volume of liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to work collegiately as part of a strong and collaborative team supporting a large and busy Divsion located across Australia
For more information about the role including the selection criteria, please see our website.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information visit: https://www.apsc.gov.au/recruitability