The Office of the CEO requires a motivated, professional and adaptable individual to support the CEO and Chief of Staff as Executive Officer. As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will provide a range of high-level executive, secretariat, streamlined activities and project coordination services to the Office of the CEO. This will include managing media, parliamentary matters, internal and external stakeholder engagement, and implementing strategies to support the achievement of the agency’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Coordinate and support the Chief of Staff in the execution of strategic initiatives and research and prepare strategic advice, information and reports on diverse and complex policy, planning and operational matters to facilitate informed decision making and planning.
- Providing strategic advice and support to the CEO through monitoring the external environment, and seeking out opportunities and positioning the CEO and AIATSIS in the public space as the premier cultural institution on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and heritage.
- Assisting the CEO through speechwriting, preparation of written articles for a variety of publications.
- Support the CEO in stakeholder engagement through preparation of research and briefs, record keeping and preparation of meeting notes, ensuring follow up actions and outcomes are completed.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the CEO, including triaging inquiries directed to the CEO and provide issues management and support, responding to emerging issues to ensure effective resolution with minimal risk to the organisation.
- Support and oversee administrative practices, systems and procedures to optimise efficiency and support the achievement of quality outcomes.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.