AHL’s purpose is to provide safe, comfortable, culturally appropriate and affordable short-term accommodation for Indigenous Australians who need to be away from home to access medical services, education and economic opportunities.
A career with AHL will provide you with a chance to contribute to improving the quality of life and economic opportunity for Indigenous Australians. We offer rewarding experiences and rewarding employment conditions.
We are PROUD: Our values are best described as Professional - Respectful - Open - Understanding - Dedicated
As a Hostel Worker, you will be part of a team to deliver services to AHL residents in one or more of the following areas:
- Cooking/Kitchenhand duties
- Night Attendant
To be eligible for these roles you must:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and
- be accepted by your community as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- be Australian citizen
- undergo a satisfactory National Criminal History Check (prior to engagement)
- meet fitness for duty requirements (prior to engagement)
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.