Aboriginal Hostels Limited’s (AHL) purpose is to provide safe, comfortable, culturally appropriate and affordable short-term accommodation for Indigenous Australians who need to be away from home to access medical services, education and economic opportunities.
A career with AHL will provide you with a chance to contribute to improving the quality of life and economic opportunity for Indigenous Australians. We offer rewarding experiences and rewarding employment conditions.
AHL is looking for experienced Hostel Workers who are highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic and passionate about delivering quality services to our residents.
AHL is seeking to engage highly motivated team members who can fill the following positions at our hostel located in Katherine, NT:
- Hostel Worker - Cook/Weekend Cook
- Hostel Worker - Housekeeper
- Hostel Worker - Night Attendant
As a Hostel Worker, you will work under the general direction of the Hostel Manager and Assistant Hostel Manager and will be responsible for working in collaboration with other hostel workers on a daily basis, ensuring a high standard of service is delivered to our residents.
We are seeking to fill immediate vacancies, create a merit list for filling future vacancies and to establish a pool of on-call casual employees who are available to work at short notice.
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and
- be accepted by your community as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen,
- hold (and maintain) a Working with Children Check in the relevant state,
- undergo a satisfactory National Criminal History Check, and
- meet fitness for duty requirements.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.