Aboriginal Hostels Limited’s (AHL) purpose is to provide safe, comfortable, culturally appropriate and affordable short-term accommodation for Indigenous Australians who need to be away from home to access medical services, education and economic opportunities.
A career with AHL will provide you with a chance to contribute to improving the quality of life and economic opportunity for Indigenous Australians. We offer rewarding experiences and rewarding employment conditions.
AHL is seeking an experienced HR Team Leader to manage a small team responsible for the delivery of effective Human Resources advice and services.
As a HR Team Leader you will manage a small team responsible for the following functions:
- Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Workplace Relations, including code of conduct investigations and contributing to negotiation of enterprise agreements
- Customer feedback coordination
To be successful for this role you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in a wide range of HR functions
- Good understanding of APS legislative framework
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Experience in policy development, implementation and advice
To be eligible for this role you will need to:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent, and
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and
- be accepted by your community as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
- hold Australian citizenship
- undergo a satisfactory National Criminal History Check (prior to engagement)
- meet fitness for duty requirements (prior to engagement)
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.