The Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader to fill the role of Network Manager within the Network and Identity Systems Section, Cyber Security Branch.
The Cyber Security Branch is responsible for the effective and secure operation of Parliament House’s state-of-the-art digital network and computing environment, which underpins the operation of the Australian Parliament. In support of the Australian Parliament, we regularly defend against, and prepare for, a range of cyber threats; including hacktivism, cybercrimes, cyber-attacks, cyber espionage and cyber warfare. To bolster our cyber capability, we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our growing team to protect this critical national institution.
The Network Manager provides technical advice on the design, implementation, delivery and maintenance of secure networks and communications infrastructure in support of the Department’s strategy and business outcomes.
Our ideal candidate will have technical knowledge and an understanding of network information systems as well as high-level management skills to lead and manage a technical team in the day-to-day network support operations and long-term project related activities
Please click the 'apply now' button to go to the DPS Careers Webpage where you can find more information about the position and relevant duty statement.
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline and/or industry-based qualifications.
- 5 + years’ experience managing and monitoring Networks in an enterprise environment including but not limited to Gateway, LAN/WAN, Security, Load-Balancing and Wireless solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various aspects of Networks, predominately across Cisco.
- An understanding of current Networking technologies and the ability to map to future/emerging technologies/industry trends and organisational outcomes.
- The ability to participate in network operations after-hour support and on-call roster arrangements.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting 1 (Confidential/Highly Protected/Secret) security clearance.
DPS welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, mature age people, people from diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.