The Treasury is seeking candidates at the APS Level 6 to fill various positions as Policy Analysts.
As an APS Level 6 Policy Analyst you will have a range of responsibilities that may include, but are not limited to:
• Undertaking projects, conducting research and analysis and providing advice on matters relevant to the work of a unit or project team in the Treasury;
• Assisting in the preparation of reports, briefings to Treasury Ministers, submissions to Cabinet, speeches, replies to parliamentary questions and other correspondence;
• Assisting in the preparation of a wide range of legislative materials, including drafting instructions, explanatory materials and a range of products to support the passage of legislation through parliament; and/or
• Supporting and participating in consultation and stakeholder engagement processes.
Successful candidates will:
• Support and engage with the future direction of the Treasury;
• Be flexible and agile to meet immediate needs and future challenges;
• Be team-orientated, have energy and determination to succeed;
• Be able to make sound decisions and exercise judgment; and
• Be open, accountable and of high integrity.
If this sounds like you, please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button at the bottom of this advertisement.
Employees of the Treasury are required to be Australian citizens and are required to obtain a security clearance prior to commencement and maintain this clearance for the duration of their employment.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This vacancy may be filled on an ongoing or non-ongoing basis. Non-ongoing opportunity may be offered for a specified term for up to three years.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.