The ANAO is looking for a motivated, professional team player who can lead and manage the Procurement Team within the Corporate Management Group. This role will contribute to the ANAO’s compliance with procurement policy, building capability across the ANAO and will work closely with other sections in the Finance and Performance Reporting Branch.
This role is responsible for:
• Developing and applying best practice procurement related policies and procedures.
• Oversight of the procurement function including preparation of tender documents, criteria, tender evaluation and contract management documents in accordance the Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
• Reporting on procurement related matters to the executive and to the Department of Finance.
• Providing specialist advice to Business Groups and assisting the with procurement activity.
• Providing support to the CFO and other senior managers.
The successful candidate must be a team player with a sound practical knowledge of how to apply the Commonwealth’s Procurement Rules in a small, non-corporate entity. The occupant of the position will be required to work autonomously on most tasks, and will need to display sound judgement, initiative and be proactive in identifying improvements and ensuring that outcomes are achieved. Having a Certificate IV in Procurement would be highly desirable, as would previous experience working in a finance area.
To apply for this role you will need to submit your resume and no more than 500 words telling us why you are the best person for the role.
To be considered for employment with the ANAO you must be an Australian Citizen. You must also have the ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance to perform all duties in this role.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.