The Department of Human Services delivers social, health and other services to individuals, families, communities, businesses and healthcare providers. The department’s service delivery staff:
• Encourage, support and educate customers to self-manage their own affairs
• Work in close partnership with stakeholders to support the delivery of quality programme and services
• Use the department’s community reach and access to deliver integrated and connected services that meet customer needs
• Maximise customer and government outcomes
• Make a difference by providing consistent, tailored and connected information to customers.
The Programme Support Manager – Indigenous Services has a strong involvement in programmes relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and staff. The job is an Identified position and staff are required to have an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and an ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Programme Support Managers provide operational support for the delivery of the department’s programmes. They contribute to strategic planning for programmes, changes in workplace practices and business improvement initiatives, and deliver programmes in accordance with business requirements and work area priorities.
They manage and organise their own work in the context of competing priorities, including contributing to business planning, changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies. They also play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and may lead a team.
Strong leadership is critical to success in these roles. The department expects its leaders to:
• Develop positive relationships across internal and external stakeholders, and collaborate with their peers
• Inspire and motivate their teams to be innovative, creative and high performing
• Communicate effectively, manage change well, and be flexible and resilient when dealing with change
• Support a culture of inquiry and safe challenge so that issues can be resolved as they arise
• Promote and implement programmes administered by the department and report on programme performance.
• Lead and support programme and/or service delivery staff including the management of performance, attendance and health and wellbeing
• Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver programme services, build service delivery capability and promote the department’s services
• Provide programme advice, procedural guidance and interpretation to staff including operational advice where appropriate
• Drive and support strategies to improve customer awareness and use of the department’s self-managed and digital services strategy
This position may require staff to travel between departmental sites, community and other government service providers within a geographic footprint in some locations this may include remote areas, travelling in 4WD vehicles or light planes.
There is scope to fill these positions in multiple locations where the department has representation. The actual location will be discussed with the successful candidate/s, and is dependent on business requirements and workspace availability.
A merit pool may be established and used to fill future vacancies within the next 12 months.
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. If the job is 'Identified', then part or all of the duties impact on Indigenous Australian people and/or involve interaction with Indigenous Australian communities or their representatives.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.