Australian National Maritime Museum (ANMM) is one of Sydney’s most visited museums and is committed to being a world leader in maritime history, sharing the national maritime story across Australia and providing an immersive and surprising experience. Currently ANMM is in search of a Project Assistant Indigenous Programs to contribute to the story and experience!
This position will support the day-to-day operations of the Indigenous unit. Working across all sections of the museum the position will engage with stakeholder groups and communities on a national level to deliver Indigenous specific projects, programs and exhibitions.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous societies and cultures. As well as an understanding of the issues affecting Indigenous people in contemporary Australian society and the diversity of circumstances of Indigenous people.
• Demonstrated office administration skills and knowledge
• Demonstrated computer literacy skills including office applications and e-mail.
• Demonstrated interest and understanding of the day to day workings of museums and /or galleries and art centres
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing at all levels within and outside the organisation. Experience writing Blogs and with other social media.
• Practical experience and knowledge in delivering education programs and events.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and to prioritise work with minimal supervision or as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the development of a Reconciliation Action Plan.
• Capacity to minute and record meetings and forums effectively.
Applications close: 11:30 pm AEDT, Wednesday 9 October 2019
Selection for this position will be made based on relative merit, which will be assessed against each item of the selection criteria. The Selection Committee will not consider applications that do not address the selection criteria for short listing. As part of the selection process the selection committee may invite candidates to undertake psychometric test, you should advise the selection committee if you have any special needs. Psychometric tests may be used as the initial short-listing test or later in the selection process. Some tests are very short while others may take one or more hours.
This position is an Aboriginal and Torres Islander identified position. This is only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. If the job is 'Identified', then part or all of the duties impact on Indigenous Australian people and/or involve interaction with Indigenous Australian communities or their representatives.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people