At Questacon, we strive to promote greater understanding and awareness of science and technology within the community. We're committed to making that experience fun, interactive, and relevant. Our objective is to raise science awareness through a range of engaging and educational science and technology experiences. We achieve this by delivering a vibrant centre, with well targeted exhibitions, programmes and activities, underpinned by excellent customer service.
We are seeking expressions of interest from eligible candidates for potential casual employment with our team. The employment opportunities cover a broad range of business areas and classifications, and include:
- Questacon Gallery Assistant (APS Level 1)
- Questacon Assistant (APS Level 2)
- Questacon Learning Programs Presenter (APS Level 4)
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens.
Prior to commencing, successful applicants will be required to:
- undergo a police check
- undergo a Working with vulnerable people check, and
- hold a current first aid certificate.
For further information, please click Apply now to visit the department's Current Vacancies page.
To ensure the Department is meeting the requirements of Section 8(1) successful candidates will be required to provide evidence that they are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person prior to being made an offer of employment. Acceptable evidence includes:
- a letter signed and executed by the Chairperson of an incorporated Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation confirming that they are recognised as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, or
- a confirmation of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent form executed by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisation.
For further information about this job, please click on Apply now to visit the department’s Current Vacancies page.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.