The Capability, Planning & Change Branch is the centre of capability identification, acquisition, mobilisation and development in the department and supports the department to achieve its complex agenda through a highly capable, diverse and inclusive workforce. We provide valuable support and guidance to business areas through our closely connected sections: Recruitment, Entry Level Programs, Diversity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, Workforce Planning and & Analytics, Culture & Change and Talent & Capability.
The Learning and Development (L&D) Section provides training solutions and services to support all staff in the development of their skills and capabilities to meet the business outcomes of the department. Senior Learning Advisors in the Learning Strategy and Governance team provide specialised learning advice through the development of department-wide L&D strategies, frameworks and governance solutions to ensure that the department’s corporate L&D effort aligns with, and supports, the department’s strategic objectives.
The L&D Section are looking to fill the roles of Senior Learning Advisor, Senior LearnHub Advisor and Senior Digital Learning Designer within either the Digital Learning Team or Learning Solutions Team. This is a great opportunity to be involved in the department’s increased focus on building organisational capability, whilst working in a positive and cohesive team environment. Key duties will include all or some of the following:
- delivering the department’s L&D digital learning platform (LearnHub) and providing oversight of content, governance and user helpdesk support
- improving the delivery of L&D services and courses through innovation, systems, process improvement and technology using digital design and learning design expertise
- building productive working relationships with key stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes through course design, development and delivery to achieve capability development.
- designing and managing both digital and face to face/face to screen delivery of learning.
Please note that the role of Senior Learning Advisor is only available in Canberra whereas the other two vacancies may be able to be performed from any of the office locations listed above. This recruitment process will be used to fill the above ongoing vacancies but may also be used to fill future ongoing and non-ongoing positions in the division where the duties are of a similar nature. If an offer of non-ongoing employment is made, the successful applicant would be employed for an initial period of twelve months with the possibility of extension up to a maximum period of three years in total. The merit pool established through this selection process is valid for a period of twelve months from the date the vacancy was advertised in the Public Service Gazette.
Proven experience in designing, developing and implementing L&D programs, projects and courses through facilitation and digital/eLearning will be an advantage.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people. RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job.
Getting to know the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment began 1 February 2020. The Department is led by Secretary Andrew Metcalfe, supported by the Executive Leadership Team. We protect Australia's natural resources, agriculture and way of life. Our goal is to deliver policies and programs that:
- drive strong and sustainable agricultural industries
- manage our unique environment and heritage
- support our regional communities.
Our role is diverse and far reaching, we:
- assure our clean and green status by keeping pests and diseases out of Australia
- protect and sustainably manage Australia’s biodiversity, ecosystems and heritage
- prepare and coordinate our response to outbreaks of pests, diseases and weeds provide data and analysis on agriculture and the environment
- support sustainable natural resource management
- establish and manage Commonwealth protected areas
- maintain and secure new markets for Australia’s agricultural exports.