We are a professional and high performing organisation underpinned by the values of integrity, respect and excellence. Our people are technical and analytical experts in their field and are driven to produce high quality outcomes.
The Performance Audit Services Group (PASG) provides Parliament with assurance about the quality of public resource management, and assists the public sector by identifying and promoting better administrative and management practices.
The APS 6 Senior Performance Analyst in the Performance Audit Services Group is responsible for:
- Ensuring the delivery of performance audit tasks in accordance with an approved plan and supervisor’s directions
- Undertaking research, evidence collection, data analysis and report writing
- Encouraging and promoting effective teamwork and contributing to staff mentoring
- Providing professional and technical support
- Formulating audit work plans to ensure the achievement of audit objectives and impact
- Evidence gathering and data analysis with a view to forming opinions and making recommendations
- Researching policy and legislative frameworks, Parliamentary discussions on relevant matters, and other issues as relevant to the context of the audit
- Using data searching tools to identify evidence
- Applying judgement to determine what is material to the findings of the audit
- Understanding and interpreting evidence to form findings and conclusions against the audit objective
- Staff supervision, mentoring and support
There are no mandatory qualifications for this role, however the following attributes are highly desirable:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or the equivalent experience
- Training or experience in evaluation and/or administrative review
Citizenship – To be eligible for employment with the ANAO, applicants must be an Australian citizen.
Security Clearance – The Australian community requires the highest level of integrity from ANAO employees. The preferred applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the level specified above.
Further information is provided in the Security Clearance Applicant Guide Book and on the AGSVA website.
Indigenous job seekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. If the job is 'Identified', then part or all of the duties impact on Indigenous Australian communities or their representatives.The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait people.