AIATSIS is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the role of Senior Project Manager who has impressive levels of cultural competency, high-level research and writing capability, and logistical and administrative strengths that can contribute to the work of a diverse, flexible and high performing team.
You will be responsible for building education programs and activities and contributing to the generation and management of income. The role will involve a high level of autonomy in project management, engagement with community and government stakeholders, opportunities for publication and project presentations in order to support team objectives.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategically manage project resources, set priorities and establish work plans, manage workflow, develop strategies and evaluate project outcomes, contribute to team planning, development and decision-making.
- Produce high quality products for a range of audiences to final standard.
- Report regularly in writing and other forms of communication, to AIATSIS, partner organisations, government departments and other interested parties, on the progress and results of projects.
- Provide leadership, build collaborations and partnerships, and develop relations with Indigenous communities and education stakeholders, including representing AIATSIS at various forums.
- Contribute to the management of the Indigenous Culture and Heritage team and the organisation of its activities, including the AIATSIS conferences, seminars and presentations, corporate reporting, securing external funding and building AIATSIS capacity in education and related areas.
- Take responsibility for a range of project outputs in a variety either of formats, including budgets, submissions, reports, conference papers, academic articles, templates, and media releases, independently or as part of a small team.
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. If the job is 'Identified', then part or all of the duties impact on Indigenous Australian people and/or involve interaction with Indigenous Australian communities or their representatives.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the 'Racial Discrimination Act 1975'. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.