To be eligible for the Indigenous Graduate Program you must:
- Be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- Be an Australian citizen
- Have received, at minimum, an undergraduate degree from a recognised Australian University or equivalent overseas institution between January 2014 and January 2019.
- Be eligible to obtain a valid Australian Government security clearance
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the 2019 program have now closed.
You will be asked to upload:
- your current resume
- your Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage*
- your academic transcript
Please note the key steps and expected timelines. If you progress through the selection steps you will need to be available on the dates indicated.
Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage
You are required to submit a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage with you application. The confirmation must stipulate that you:
- are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person; and
- are accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived.
If you do not have the required evidence prior to applications closing, you can still apply for this opportunity. Simply attach a letter or email from the Indigenous organisation to which you have applied, confirming that you have requested a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage. If the organisation does not supply an interim letter, please notify the Commission.
If you have a disability and might require a reasonable adjustment to allow you to participate in the selection process, please indicate this on your application form. We can then discuss your needs with you and offer alternative assessment methods where required. All requests for reasonable adjustment will be considered and managed in consultation with the candidate.