HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the 2018 program have closed.
You will be asked to upload:
- a covering letter
- your current resume
- your Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage
- for law stream applicants only: your academic transcript or graduation certificate
You will also be asked to select the stream/s and classification/s you are interested in being considered for.
Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage
You are required to submit a Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage with you application. The confirmation must stipulate that you:
- are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person; and
- are accepted as such by the community in which you live, or formerly lived.
If you do not have the required evidence prior to applications closing, you can still submit an application. Simply attach a letter or email from the Indigenous organisation to which you have applied confirming that you have requested a confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
An initial screening of your written application will determine whether you are shortlisted to participate in further assessment.
If successful you will be invited to attend an interview in one of your closest capital cities. Reasonable expenses will be paid. At this stage written reports from two referees will be also be sought.
Please note the key steps and expected timelines. If you progress through the selection steps you will need to be available on the dates indicated.
KEY STEPS AND TIMELINES
Please note the following key steps and important dates:
- Applications open on 7 May and close on 4 June 2018
- Shortlisting 5 – 15 June 2018
- Interviews 2-6 July and 16-20 July
- Offers process commences from 24 August 2018
- Employment commences from October 2018
Note: We will make every effort to communicate with candidates to inform them of the progress of their application. This will be done via email in most circumstances.
If you have a disability and might require a reasonable adjustment to allow you to participate in the selection process, please indicate this on your application form. We can then discuss your needs with you and offer alternative assessment methods where required. All requests for reasonable adjustment will be considered and managed in consultation with the candidate.